Sep 25, 2018
One of the most common complaints in distressed marriages,
partnerships, and relationships is that one - or both - people feel
as though the other is not really listening to them. Mastering the
art of listening is a critical component for improving your
communication skills - and ultimately - your ability to deepen your
connection with your partner and the people around you.
On today’s episode, I discuss the importance of honing your
listening skills and how it can impact and improve your
relationship with your partner as well as your friends, family, and
colleagues. I explain what reflective listening is and how
monitoring your self-talk can impact your ability to become a good
listener for others. I also explain what it means to listen with
empathy and how being present, curious, and interested in a
conversation you are engaged in can impact the way the speaker
feels as well as how it can help deepen the connection with
“Listening and empathy skills are
the hallmarks of good communicators.” - Pripo Teplitsky
This week on
Relationships! Let’s Talk About It:
- What is “true listening?”
- How being authentically curious and interested in your partner
impacts your listening skills.
- What it means to “listen with the
ears of the heart.”
- How monitoring your self-talk during a conversation impacts
your ability to be a present and empathetic listener.
- How to become a reflective listener.
- The difference between agreeing with the speaker vs. validating
and acknowledging their experience and emotions.
- The importance of eye contact.
- Why it’s important to resist the temptation to engage your
thoughts that might interrupt the speaker’s train of thought.
- Resisting the urge to fill moments of silence.
- The importance of being honest when you’re distracted during a
- Getting clear on what the speaker expects from the
- The correlation between your listening skills and
- How breathing impacts your ability to listen and be present in
- How deep listening creates authentic connections between
individuals and partners.
Join Us for The
Power of Appreciation Workshop
Join Pripo and his beautiful wife, Yvonne Rainbow Teplitsky,
on Sunday, November 11, 2018, in Asheville, NC to learn the secrets
of unlocking the Power of Appreciation in your relationships.
Genuine appreciation, regardless of how simple or profound, has
been proven to bring an immediate shift in the quality and
closeness of loving relationships.
The Power of Appreciation Workshop
will teach you
the necessary skills and fundamental process of enriching your
relationship with your partner, deepening the connection, and
enhancing the flow of positive.
Still Point Wellness
Still Point Wellness is Asheville’s premier spa experience.
Enjoy effortless relaxation and rejuvenate your body through Still
Point’s world-class services including Esalen Massage®, Salt Water
Floatation also known as sensory deprivation, Cranial Sacral
Therapy, and Somatic Psychology. Experience the healing powers of
deep relaxation like never before!
Mention the code: Pripo to receive
10% off your first Salt Water Floatation and Esalen Massage®!
Let’s Talk About
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Relationships!
Let’s Talk About It
- the show to help you
forge deeper, more meaningful connections and relationships with
those around you. If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please head
, subscribe to the show, and leave
us a rating and review. Don’t forget to visit our
, follow us on Facebook
and share your favorite episodes on social media!